Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise HD
For mission-critical, high-performance scale-up and scale-out of your applications.
Why Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise HD?
Hazelcast IMDG® Enterprise HD is built on the well known and widely adopted open source operational in-memory computing platform foundation that you’ve come to know and love. Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise HD guarantees the highest levels of performance and support for the ultimate scale-up and scale-out of your applications. IMDG Enterprise HD integrates powerful High-Density Memory Store (HDMS) technology across the most used data structures of IMDG Open Source for ultimate application speed and performance. HDMS eliminates Java garbage collection, allowing very large memory use for caching of data, and enabling the creation of huge caches. Most importantly, IMDG Enterprise HD features SSD-optimized, high-performance persistence with Hot Restart Store. Hot Restart Store allows huge caches to be restarted hot, with their data, rather than needing to reload data from other sources—solving the most important operational problem with huge caches.
Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise is designed to run in any cloud with Discovery Service Provider Interfaces for AWS, Azure, Apache jclouds, Consul, etcd, Eureka, Heroku, Kubernetes, and Zookeeper. It provides native integrations for IaaS environments AWS and Azure Marketplaces as well as PaaS environments Pivotal® Cloud Foundry and OpenShift Container Platform. Hazelcast IMDG also includes deployment integrations for Docker, Hadoop, Yarn and Mesos.
Hazelcast IMDG can integrate with any application through a rich set of cross-platform APIs and client plugins, as well as an Open Binary Client Protocol for development of your own APIs.
Hazelcast IMDG 3.11 Enterprise HD Architecture
Hazelcast IMDG is typically deployed in a scale-out paradigm on large clusters of commodity hardware. This allows for elastic scalability for applications requiring dynamic cluster resizing. This deployment pattern can use dozens to hundreds of nodes with Java Virtual Machines (JVM).
Modern hardware has much more available memory. If you want to make use of that memory and scale-up by specifying higher heap sizes, garbage collection becomes an increasing problem. Garbage collection often forces you into configurations where multiple JVMs with small heaps (in sizes of 2-4GB per node) are run on a single physical hardware device to avoid garbage collection pauses. This results in oversized clusters to hold the data and maintain performance level requirements. Hazelcast® HDMS solves garbage collection limitations applications can exploit hardware memory more efficiently without the need of oversized clusters.
HDMS can also be used in the Hazelcast Java Client to provide very large near caches (100s of GBs). The client runs inside your application server, so the near cache can be accessed with an in-process call, avoiding the network entirely. Data access speeds happen in microseconds rather than milliseconds.
Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise HD comes with advanced features specifically designed for demanding deployments:
- High-Density Memory Store – optimizes server resources for approximately 96% reduction in CPU-usage and reduction in number of Hazelcast members per cluster for the largest off-heap data sizes supporting Java and Scala Clients as well as Web Sessions, Hibernate 2nd Level Cache, JCache, Map, and Predicate & Partition Predicate APIs
- Hot Restart Store on High-Density Memory Store – adds persistence with write performance of 310,000 writes per second per node and restart times of 7 seconds per 1.3GB per node – with parallel load across nodes
- Management Center – provides a bird’s-eye view of all cluster activity, along with configurable watermarks for alerts through a web-based user interface and cluster-wide JMX and REST APIs
- Rolling Upgrade – upgrades cluster nodes’ and versions without service interruption
- Security Suite – provides standards-based JAAS and interoperable encryption, authentication, and access control checks to mission-critical applications
- WAN Replication – synchronizes multiple Hazelcast clusters in different datacenters for disaster recovery or geographic locality and can be managed centrally through Management Center
- Enterprise PaaS Deployment Environments – enables your applications to run in the most popular Enterprise container management environments, IBM Cloud Private, Pivotal Cloud Foundry and OpenShift Container Platform
Service and Support with Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise HD subscription includes:
- 24×7 Support window with a One-Hour Service-Level Agreement
- Quarterly review of feature requests
- Quarterly review of the Hazelcast roadmap
- Email, IM, and phone support for up to 30 support contacts
- Maintenance Patches
- Hot Patch Fixes
- Simulation of your production Hazelcast profile for upgrade/config change verification
- Black Duck® Protex™ Clean IP Report