Hazelcast Enterprise HD
For mission-critical, high-performance scale-up and scale-out of your applications.
Why Hazelcast Enterprise HD?
Hazelcast Enterprise HD is built on the well known and widely adopted open source operational in-memory computing platform foundation you’ve come to know and love. Hazelcast Enterprise HD guarantees the highest levels of performance and support for the ultimate scale-up and scale-out of your applications. Hazelcast Enterprise HD integrates powerful High-Density Memory Store (HDMS) technology across the most used data structures of Hazelcast Open Source for ultimate application speed and performance. HDMS eliminates Java garbage collection, allowing very large memory use for caching of data across the most used Hazelcast data structures, and enabling the creation of huge caches Hazelcast. Most importantly, Hazelcast Enterprise HD features SSD-optimized, high-performance persistence with Hot Restart Store. Hot Restart Store allows huge caches to be restarted hot, with their data, rather than needing to reload data from other sources—solving the most important operational problem with huge caches.
Deploying Hazelcast to the cloud is now easier with a new cloud Discovery Service Provider Interface (SPI), container deployment for Docker, cloud configuration and management integrations for Kubernetes, Apache jclouds, Consul, and integration with Cloud Foundry and OpenShift frameworks.
Hazelcast 3.7 Enterprise HD Architecture
Hazelcast is typically deployed in a scale-out paradigm on large clusters of commodity hardware. This allows for elastic scalability for applications requiring dynamic cluster resizing. This deployment pattern can use dozens to hundreds hundreds of nodes with Java Virtual Machines (JVM).
Modern hardware has much more available memory. If you want to make use of that memory and scale-up by specifying higher heap sizes, garbage collection becomes an increasing problem. Garbage collection often forces you into configurations where multiple JVMs with small heaps (in sizes of 2-4GB per node) are run on a single physical hardware device to avoid garbage collection pauses. This results in oversized clusters to hold the data and maintain performance level requirements. Hazelcast HDMS solves garbage collection limitations applications can exploit hardware memory more efficiently without the need of oversized clusters.
HDMS can also be used in the Hazelcast Java Client to provide very large near caches (100s of GBs). The client runs inside your application server, so the near cache can be accessed with an in-process call, avoiding the network entirely. Data access speeds happen in microseconds rather than milliseconds.
Hazelcast Enterprise HD comes with advanced features specifically designed for demanding deployments:
- High-Density Memory Store – optimizes server resources for approximately 96% reduction in CPU-usage and reduction in number of Hazelcast members per cluster
- High-Density Near Cache for Java Client – provisions 100s of GBs of near cache memory access for applications for ultra low application latency
- High-Performance Persistence with Hot Restart Store – adds persistence with write performance of 310,000 writes per second per node and restart times of 7 seconds per 1.3GB per node – with parallel load across nodes
- WAN Replication – synchronizes multiple Hazelcast Clusters in different datacenters for disaster recovery or geographic locality and can be managed centrally through Management Center
- Security Suite – provides standards-based JAAS and interoperable encryption, authentication, and access control checks to mission-critical applications
- Continuous Query Cache – provides a dynamically updated result set of a query against a Map to either Clients or Members
- Management Center – provides a bird’s-eye view of all cluster activity, along with configurable watermarks for alerts through a web-based user interface and cluster-wide JMX and REST APIs
Service and Support with Hazelcast Enterprise HD Subscription Includes:
- 24×7 Support window with a One-Hour Service-Level Agreement
- Quarterly review of feature requests
- Quarterly review of the Hazelcast roadmap
- Email, IM, and phone support for up to four support contacts
- Hot Patch Fixes
- Simulation of your production Hazelcast profile for upgrade/config change verification
- Black Duck Clean IP Report