Live Training Seminar
Real-Time Stream Processing
Hazelcast welcomes Standard Chartered Bank to a Real-Time Stream Processing Training Session in Chennai on May 24.
This half-day in-person seminar is an introduction to the Hazelcast Platform for building distributed applications on stream and batch processing use cases. This class combines conceptual overviews with hands-on practice creating stream processing pipelines in conjunction with a built-in fast data store. This class is for advanced Java programmers who are already experienced in building data processing applications and want to take their first steps in working with stream processing.
By the end of the course, you will have learned a variety of use cases where the Hazelcast Platform is used to solve complex business problems in banking and financial institutions. Focusing on a real-world business use case, you will be able to build and run distributed streaming pipelines to process data in real time. We will also cover the advantages and disadvantages of the stream processing technologies available when approaching real-world, business-related problems.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
The Hazelcast Platform
- Platform functions - data in motion, data at rest
- Distributed storage and processing
- Lab environment overview
- Hands-on - download Hazelcast, verify lab setup and tools
- Use cases, Problems and Solution Architectures
- Building Blocks
- Declarative Programming
Transforming a Data Stream
- The Pipeline API
- Basic Transformations
- Hands-on - transforming a data stream
Using the Hazelcast Platform
- Fast Data Storage - data at rest
- Hands-on - Integrating Hazelcast functionality
- Enrichment and Aggregations
- Hands-on - Enriching the Data Stream with on-the-fly aggregations
What to bring:
Your laptop, configured with
- Any OS
- Java Runtime Environment 8.0 or newer
- JDK 8.0 and your choice of IDE
A list of downloads (Hazelcast image and GitHub repos) will be provided prior to class.
Lunch and Refreshments will be provided.
- 12:00 pm: Lunch
- 2:00 pm – 5 pm: Training session