Rahul Gupta, Senior Solutions Architect at Hazelcast
Hazelcast for Terracotta Users
In this webinar
In this webinar we will compare the complexities involved in Terracotta with the code/configuration changes to migrate to Hazelcast®. You will learn about important features of Hazelcast such as IMDG capabilities, off-heap data storage, distributed collections, etc. and the feature-rich product portfolio of Hazelcast. We will cover how Hazelcast can scale up and out dynamically and without downtime against the static configuration of Terracotta. Expect to leave the webinar being more educated about Hazelcast in terms of architecture, important features and best practices.
We’ll cover these topics:
- Hazelcast architecture and features
- Terracotta distributed architecture
- Scale – Vertical + Horizontal = Showcase no downtime feature in Hazelcast
- BigMemory vs. HDC
- Ease of installation – two jars against multiple jars
- Config and Code changes – cache vs. maps, off-heap vs. HDC
- Portability of Client APIs – IMap, IQueue, Topics, etc.
- Added functionalities – Showcase IExecutorService, EntryProcessors, Multimap, etc.
- DSO – Showcase EntryProcessors taking place of DSO
- Live Q&A