Free Instructor Led Training in Central Ohio – Afternoon Session
- August 30, 2017 @ 1:30pm-5:30pm ()
- Manifest Solutions, 2035 Riverside Drive, Upper Arlington OH 43221
Hazelcast Essentials Training
Hazelcast Essentials is a course designed for Java Developers looking to take their first steps in understanding In-Memory Data Grids (IMDG). By the end of the course the attendee will be able to construct Hazelcast Clusters and deliver basic caching services.
The candidates should be familiar with Core Java concepts and APIs (collections, concurrency). Students will be introduced to the fundamental features of Hazelcast and how they may be applied to solve various use cases. This course is suitable for Developers and Architects with no prior or very basic knowledge of Hazelcast.
Topics to be covered in the training:
- Hazelcast Architecture
- Cluster formation with various discovery mechanisms
- Cluster deployment strategies
- Fault Tolerance and Failure Recovery
- Distributed operations: Caching, Computing and Messaging
- Distributed Caching: IMap
- Partitioning and Replication
- High Density Memory Store and Hot Restart
- Hazelcast Serialization
What to Bring
Bring your laptop, prepared with:
- A recent Java 8 JDK
- Your IDE of choice installed – IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, NetBeans etc.
- Download lab code from https://github.com/wildnez/public-training/tree/master/essentials/
- Build the labs using Maven or Gradle and set as Java project
2035 Riverside Drive
Upper Arlington OH 43221