Free Instructor Led Training in Manchester
September 18, 2018 @ 1pm-5pm ()
- MadLab PLANT NOMA, Redfern, Dantzic Street, Manchester, M60 0AE
Hazelcast Essentials Training:
Hazelcast Essentials is a course designed for Java Developers looking to take their first steps in understanding In-Memory Data Grids (IMDG). By the end of the course the attendee will be able to construct Hazelcast Clusters and deliver basic caching services.
The candidates should be familiar with Core Java concepts and APIs (collections, concurrency). Students will be introduced to the fundamental features of Hazelcast and how they may be applied to solve various use cases. This course is suitable for Developers and Architects with no prior or very basic knowledge of Hazelcast.
Topics to be covered in the training:
- Hazelcast Architecture
- Cluster formation with various discovery mechanisms
- Cluster deployment strategies
- Fault Tolerance and Failure Recovery
- Distributed operations: Caching, Computing and Messaging
- Distributed Caching: IMap
- Partitioning and Replication
- High Density Memory Store and Hot Restart
- Hazelcast Serialization
What to Bring
Bring your laptop, prepared with:
- A recent Java 8 JDK
- Your IDE of choice installed – IntelliJ Idea, Eclipse, NetBeans etc.
- Download lab code from https://github.com/wildnez/public-training/tree/master/essentials/
- Build the labs using Maven or Gradle and set as Java project
PLANT NOMA, Redfern,
Alparslan Avcı, Solutions Architect at Hazelcast
Alparslan works for Hazelcast as a Solutions Architect. He is a passionate Java developer with 10+ years of experience, and loves to think in distributed and object-oriented ways. Prior to joining Hazelcast, Alparslan worked in several Java projects including a web search engine and enterprise financial anti-fraud solutions. He also contributes to open-source projects like Apache Nutch and currently a PMC member in Apache Gora. Alparslan holds a MS degree in Software Engineering of Distributed Systems from Kungliga Tekniska Hogskolan in Stockholm, Sweden.